$100 million Tasmanian Jobs and Growth Package: Read more about the Federal Labor Government's commitment to creating the jobs of the future in Tasmania.
Welcome. As well as being the Federal Member for Franklin, I am also the Shadow Minister for Regional Development & Local Government, and Shadow Minister for Employment Services
I'm proud to be representing Tasmania in Labor's Shadow Ministry and look forward to continuing to bring jobs and investment to Tasmania.
If you would like information, advice or help with any Government matter, please contact my office on (03) 6244 1222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delivering for Franklin
Since being elected in 2007 I have worked hard to create jobs and bring investment into Franklin. For a detailed breakdown of everything I’ve delivered for your local area, please see Delivered.
I’m proud to be part of a Labor Government which is delivering big reforms for Australia and big reforms for us locally in Tasmania. In Franklin we’ve seen:
- Jobs investment through the $100 million Tasmanian Jobs & Growth Plan
- Rollout of the National Broadband Network
- Launch of the National Disability Insurance Scheme DisabilityCare Australia
- $3.4 billion to Aged Care reforms
- Australia's first Universal Paid Parental Leave
- Historic increases to pensions of $207 a fortnight for singles, and $236 per fortnight for couples since the Labor party has been in Government
- An increase in the Child Care Rebate to 50% providing families with up to $7,500 per year per child
I have also worked hard to create jobs and bring investment to the electorate of Franklin, and I'm proud that this includes:
- 750 jobs at the Vodafone call centre in Kingston
- 300 construction jobs from the $15 million redevelopment of Blundstone Arena
- $8 million to grow Aquaculture employment in the Huon Valley
- $45 million of Federal investment for roads in Franklin
- 800 jobs across Tasmania through the rollout of the NBN
Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.